This extended notice is specifically intended to explain the types and methods of use, as well as what actions to take to reject or delete cookies on the website www.mtdglobal.com (the “Site“).
- Data Controller.
The data controller is Medical Technology and Devices S.p.A. (“MTD”), with registered office at Via Filomena Saldarini Catelli 10, 22070 Casnate con Bernate (CO), tax code and VAT number 04062530136, (the “Data Controller“).
- Data collected
Navigation data and cookies (hereinafter also the “Data“).
- What is a cookie
Cookies are small text strings that sites visited by the user send to the user’s own terminal browser, where they are stored and then transmitted back to the same sites the next time the same user visits. In the course of browsing a site, the user may receive on his or her terminal “first-party” cookies, when they are managed directly by the owner and/or operator of the site, and also cookies that are sent from different sites or web servers (so-called “third-party” cookies); this happens because on the website visited there may be elements that reside on servers other than the one on which the website is located. In other words, they are those cookies that are set by a website other than the one you are currently visiting.
Cookies can be distinguished into three different types:
- Technical cookies: used for the sole purpose of enabling the website to function properly;
- Analytical cookies: used to collect aggregate information of a mainly statistical nature;
- Profiling cookies: aimed at creating profiles related to the user and used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of web browsing.
- What cookies are used and for what purpose
With reference to the purposes pursued, the cookies on the Site can be technical, analytical and profiling.
The Site uses the following cookies for the purposes indicated below.
- Nature of data provision by users
The user of the Site authorizes the use of technical and assimilated cookies through the selection, within the banner containing the brief information, of the appropriate command marked with an X or by clicking on the “Reject all cookies except for the necessary technical ones” button, which implies that the default settings remain in place and therefore the continuation of browsing in the absence of cookies or other tracking tools other than technical ones. The provision of Data processed through the installation of technical and analytical cookies, although optional, is necessary to ensure the correct browsing within the Site. Should you decide to disable technical and analytical cookies, you will not have access to many features that make this Site more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
You can change your cookie preferences at any time through specific browser configurations, following the specific procedures described below. Through your browser preferences you can also delete cookies installed in the past, including those for which you may have given consent.
It is possible to control cookies through the settings of browser used. Since each browser has slightly different features, the user will need to check on the help menu of their browser to figure out how to properly change the cookiesettings.
Users can then change their browser settings so that cookies are deleted or not saved on computer or mobile device without their explicit consent. At the following links, the user can better understand how to set their browser:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Internet Explorer: https://windows.microsoft.com/it-IT/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari mobile devices: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677?viewlocale=it_IT
- Safari desktop: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=it_IT
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
- Data recipients
The Data may be known and processed by employees of the business functions of the Data Controller assigned to the pursuit of the above purposes, expressly authorized for processing and who have received appropriate operating instructions.
In addition, Data may be disclosed to third-party recipients – independent data controllers or duly designated as data processors – who belong to the following categories:
- external subjects operating as independent controllers such as, by way of example, Authorities and supervisory and control organs and, in general, to subjects, including private ones, legitimized to request the data (such as accounting and legal consultants), Public Authorities who make an explicit request for administrative or institutional purposes, according to the provisions of the national and European regulations in force;
- subjects unrelated to the Controller who provide services to the same and are useful for its activities (for example: providers of IT services for the management of databases including contacts and e-mail, providers of digital services and IT consultants who give technical assistance to the Controller, companies that offer support in the realization of market studies); these subjects have been specifically appointed as data processors and their contact details are available upon request to the Controller, using the contact details indicated in the following section 9.
- Personal data transfer to countries outside the European Union
If this is the case, with respect to the Data collected using cookies on the Site, the Data Controller, to the extent of its competence, will adopt appropriate safeguards, including the applicable suitability decisions and Standard Contractual Clauses adopted by the European Commission.
- The rights of data subjects
Users, as data subjects (i.e., subjects to which the Data refer), are holders of the rights conferred by the GDPR. In particular, according to Articles 15-22 of the GDPR, data subjects have the right to request and obtain, at any time, access to their personal data, information about the processing carried out, rectification and/or updating of personal data, erasure and restriction of processing. They also have the right to object to the processing and to request data portability (i.e., to receive personal data in a commonly used, structured, machine-readable format). Finally, data subjects always have the right to revoke their consent at any time (this, in any case, will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent given before revocation) and to complain to a supervisory authority (in Italy there is the “Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali”).
The above rights may be exercised at any time by simple request to the Controller to be transmitted:
- by e-mail, at email@example.com; or
- by writing to: Medical Technology and Devices S.p.A. – via Filomena Saldarini Catelli 10 – CAP 22070, Casnate Con Bernate (Co), Italia.